Buscar este blog

sábado, 17 de febrero de 2024

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED? A Documentary Film



If you really feel like helping, let the video run its full length after you click the link. This is because "watch time" is the primary factor for Youtube's algorithm.

I interviewed the following people for this film (in order of appearance):

Dr. Scot McKnight
Dr. John Oswalt
Dr. Michael Brown
Zac Poonen
Joe Schimmel
Dr. Ben Witherington III
David Bercot
Dr. Matthew Pinson
Jesse Morrell
Douglas Jacoby
Sharon Johnson

The documentary traces the introduction of "Once Saved Always Saved" back to the Gnostics, then to Augustine in the 5th century, and finally to John Calvin during the Reformation, diverging from the teachings of the early church fathers, all of whom taught that a true believer could fall away from the faith.

The film doesn't shy away from the complexities of the issue, presenting a range of viewpoints with clarity and respect. Viewers will come away with a deeper understanding of the key scriptures and theological arguments on both sides of the discussion.

A few months ago, I did a podcast explaining why I no longer believed in OSAS, despite being a strong advocate for the view for most of my Christian life. I also gave my testimony about backsliding. This film is the result of that journey.

This is by far the hardest I have worked on any single project in my life, and I hope that you give it a chance.

Chris White




- - - - - - - - -